Thursday, August 4, 2011

My certificate of recognition


On Monday 1 August, for Education Week, the combined small schools awards for the New England area were held here at Ebor Public School. I was asked to attend as I was to be given an award.

I was surprised and delighted to receive a certificate for "outstanding contribution to Ebor School by a community member" because I have been volunteering to teach the children scrapbooking. They are documenting their school year activities for 2011.

I was so proud and grateful to be recognised but I just love doing what I do. We had a nice afternoon tea and I baked a chocolate jaffa cake which was demolised rather quickly.

One of the highlights of the afternoon was a screening of a short film that the pupils have made with the assistance of a filmmaker from Bellingen. For a small school, the kids get to do some wonderful excursions. They spent 2 days in Coffs Harbour last month and went whale watching and took a helicopter ride. Never had that much fun when I was at school.

I am so glad we moved to Ebor as we have been embraced by the community and have made many new friends.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment