Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In the beginning......

This blog was created so that I can share the wonderful woodwork pieces that my husband Matthew is making together with some of the art and craft that I make. He has always been a handyman thanks to spending a lot of time with his motor mechanic father when he was growing up. So once he had completed building some wardrobes, a pantry and several other cupboards in the little house that we purchased January 2010, he has turned his hand to making furniture, models and musical instruments.

We are a retired couple in our 50s and we live in the small village of Ebor on the Waterfall Way between Armidale and Coffs Harbour. We moved here at the beginning of this year and we just love the fresh clean air, sparkling clear water and the quite life.

Matthew has only been woodworking seriously this year and this coffee table was his first project. He has used hardwood with inlays of Australian Cedar. The legs were made to resemble elephant feet. The table top lifts off to reveal a small secret compartment. He has also made 2 slim trays that slide under the table top. It weighs a tonne but I love it.


His next projects included a couple of model farm wagons, some cedar coasters and some cute containers with lids that remind me of my Grandfather's tobacco jar.
Since he retired he has discovered his artistic side. He always spent so much time working that there was little time left over to explore this hidden talent so now he spends a good part of each day in the shed working on his hobby.
I on the other hand, have been scrapbooking for around 10 years now and since I retired 2 years ago, I have been able to spend as much time as I like doing it.
Anyway, more about me later.
I am loving my life. I hope you are loving yours.
Cheers
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Matt your workmanship is fantastic.
    What a talent you have!
    Absolutely love your table..........

    ReplyDelete